- Adoption SubsidyA financial subsidy, either in the form of money or services, that can assist a family with expenses for needed services for a child with special needs. Subsidies can include medical insurance, counseling services, respite care, etc.
- Adoption TriadThe three sided relationship among the birth parent, permanency parent, and child.
- Adoptive FamilyA family who has finalized the adoption of a child placed in their home.
- Adoptive ParentAn individual or couple who have received court approval and adopted a child.
- AffidavitA sworn, notarized statement signed by all parties entering an agreement. This statement provides evidence to the court that parties are entering into an agreement knowingly and voluntarily and that the agreement is not the product of coercion, fraud or duress.